And the bush has friends to meet him, and their kindly voices greet him, In the murmur of the breezes and the river on its bars,
And he sees the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended, And at night the wonderous glory of the everlasting stars.

Banjo Paterson (1889)

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Birds of the Lambir Hills, Sarawak Borneo

This is a video of a few of the birds found in the Lambir Hills National Park and Borneo Tropical Rainforest Lodge that I went to a couple of months ago. The national park and lodge are located about hour's drive from Miri in Sarawak. A new area for birds as most of my birding has been on the eastern side in Sabah.

I would normally try and use my big steady Canon XH A1 and tripod, but due to shy birds, rain and this being a more on-the-go birdwatching holiday, I had to use my hand-held smaller HV40 camcorder. Still a great video camera!

There are 5 birds species in the video, they are Olive-backed Woodpecker, Orange-bellied Flowerpecker, Red-eyed Bulbul, Grey-bellied Bulbul and the wonderful Fluffy-backed Tit-Babbler.


2 comments:

Sciarada said...

Hi Richard, nice video with interesting specimens of birds!

Richard King said...

Thanks Sciarada. Hopefully I'll be back to Borneo for more.