And the bush has friends to meet him, and their kindly voices greet him, In the murmur of the breezes and the river on its bars,
And he sees the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended, And at night the wonderous glory of the everlasting stars.

Banjo Paterson (1889)

Friday, August 28, 2009

Trilobite Beetle

This is just some quick footage of a red and black Trilobite beetle I found during our walks on the slopes of Mt Kinabalu in Borneo. I've seen other videos and the beetles seem to come in a variety of colours, depending on where they are in Asia.

They are such a weird looking insect and I love the way they move, very robot-like. I now have a good close-up lens for video, so hopefully next time I will get some great close-up shots. Looks like another trip to Borneo!



3 comments:

Wilma said...

It looks as though it has to stop and think about each separate movement as it walks. Very cool critter!

Mistlethrush said...

Hi Richard, I've just awarded you with the Kreativ Blogger Award. The 'rules' are listed on my blog. I enjoy reading your blog and watching the clips - we have nothing like some of your creatures over here...

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a weird looking fascinating creature,